General Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)

Advertising and promotion requests

Q: Can my business or organization be listed on Military Leave USA as a resource for the military community?

A: Military Leave USA does not provide any advertising or promotional services. All organizations listed on Military Leave USA go through a three-step review process. Generally speaking, all commercial organizations listed on the site have an official agreement or contract with the Office of Military Community and Family Policy.

We recommend trying to contact some of the larger veterans service organizations and military service organizations to find out how you might work together to target the desired population.

Requesting For Leave

Q: How can i request for leave on Military Leave USA?

A: Either as a military personnel or a family member, requesting for leave come easy with or step by step process.

simply dowm our form, fill your request and a personnel will assigned to handle the rest.

for more informations, please contact Military Leave USA information center

Military identification cards and records

Q: How do I get a new military ID card?

A: For information on obtaining a military identification card and to locate the Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System site near your location, visit the Department of Defense ID Card Reference Center or the RAPIDS Site Locator.

Q: How can I obtain a copy of my military service records?

A: Military service records can be obtained by contacting the National Personnel Records Center. Requests for records can be sent to the following address:

National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63138

Or, to request records telephonically or via e-mail, the following applies:

Phone: 314-801-0800
National Personnel Records Center website

Q: How can I obtain a copy of my Military Leave records?

A: You may request a copy of your Military Leave records through the Office of the Secretary of Defense and Joint Staff at For additional information, contact the OSD/JS FOIA Requester Service Center at 866-574-4970.

Military Leave USA content

Q: May I use Military Leave USA’s content on my website or in my publication?

A: Information generated by Military Leave USA is in the public domain and may be reproduced, published, or otherwise used without the Department’s permission unless otherwise noted. Citing Military Leave USA as the source of the information is appreciated as appropriate. With respect to materials generated by entities outside of Military Leave USA, permission to copy these materials, if necessary, must be obtained from the original source. For information on materials generated by external entities with Department of Defense funding, please refer to individual component policies. This copyright notice only pertains to content on the public side of the Military Leave USA website.

Hiring veterans and military spouses

Q: Can Military Leave USA help get the word out about employment opportunities for veterans and military spouses?

A: We appreciate your desire to support our military service members and families; however, Military Leave USA does not provide job posting services. We suggest contacting some of the larger veterans service organizations and military service organizations to help get the word out about your job opportunities. A number of organizations can be found on the National Resource Directory. Employment resources are categorized under the Support tab.

For military spouse employment opportunities, contact the Department of Defense’s Military Spouse Employment Partnership, a targeted recruitment and employment solution that connects military spouses with companies.

Charitable donations

Q: Can Military Leave USA recommend a reputable military-focused charity to receive my donation?

A: Since Military Leave USA is a government entity, our ethics regulations and policies prohibit us from recommending organizations to receive contributions, since that would constitute a Department of Defense endorsement of a non-federal entity. The National Resource Directory maintains a list of organizations that meet certain criteria and provide a variety of support and services to our military and veteran communities. We recommend visiting the National Resource Directory for more information.

As with any charitable endeavors, we strongly recommend that donors practice due diligence by researching organizations before making contributions. Sites like GuideStar provide nonprofit financial information.

YMCA Department of Defense outreach initiative

Q: Where can I find information and forms for the YMCA Department of Defense outreach initiative?

A: Eligibility information for the Department of Defense Armed Services YMCA Military Outreach Initiative is available on the ASYMCA website.

Additional Questions

If you have additional questions, contact us via the Customer Support page.